Common Damages And Maintenance Process Repairing Troubleshooting Hydraulic Cylinders Opening and Closing the ship hatch covers :
During the operation of large cargo ships, we encounter both subjective and objective problems. Below are the most common failures and problems with hydraulic cylinders that open and close the ship hatch covers.
Common damage to hydraulic cylinders for opening and closing the deck cover
Of course, these ships are always in motion to meet production schedule needs. If after a period of use, overload, not cleaning, the cylinder will be damaged.
Common damage is cylinder scratches, cracks, deformation and warping. There are many causes of cylinder failure but are divided into the following main groups:
- Cylinders are affected by the following factors: Stuck in the positioning pin, The deviation of the guide position of the hatch cover causes warping and warping.
- Hydraulic oil has deposits, dirt, and iron particles that reduce oil quality.
Foreign body or metal debris enters the cylinder.
- Improper installation of the cylinder or during the installation process, there is a strong impact that causes the cylinder to be scratched or scratched.
- The cylinder load is too large, the high pressure causes the cylinder to deform.
- The environment is too harsh at sea with high concentrations of salt and moisture in the air, causing local or complete corrosion of the working surface of the cylinder rod.
- Cylinder not working or when the operation is jerky, rattling or vibrating is one of the problems that customers are concerned about.
- Cavitation – often happens and leaves serious consequences
- Using gaskets that are not the right size, too large or too small for requirements.
- Hydraulic oil with gas causes the cylinder to jerk or vibrate when performing forward and backward.
- The pressure supplied to the cylinder is unstable, abnormally increased or decreased, too high or too low compared to the required level.
- Faults due to installation: Screws are not tightened, hydraulic valve is not installed correctly, pump is reversed, pump pipe is installed correctly.
- Due to the mechanical structure.
The cylinder is deformed due to the pipe being twisted.
Unstable pump flow can be caused by the pump or the pipeline.
In the mechanical processing industry in general and hydraulic engineering in particular, to meet the requirements of machines, high precision is required. to withstand large loads, high speeds, high pressures and temperatures. Bench cylinders, hydraulic cylinders, crankshafts, pistons, rolling mills…. Over time, during operation, the surface will be worn, scratched … the size will be changed so it will affect the operation of the shaft and related machinery.
Therefore, the most popular and cost-effective alternative to repair today is to restore surface treatment by HARD CHROME PLATING by Saigon Hydraulic Company.
Application of hard chrome plating:
- HARD CROM plated is widely used in the industry because it gives many superior properties to the surface of machine parts that the material itself does not have.
- In addition to the high hardness, the hard chromium plating is also very resistant to corrosion and very good wear resistance.
- The surface is smooth and very uniform, difficult to wet, low coefficient of friction, good adhesion.
- hanks to these properties, the hard chromium layer has made the surface of the machine parts better and very uniform in quality.
This helps to increase the working life of cylinders and industrial machinery and equipment many times.
- The chromium plating layer can be from 10 µm to 1000 m thick, with a durable anti-oxidation glossy surface for the product, and has high-class decorative features. Surface hardness 60 HRC min.
Check and repair the hydraulic cylinder barrel of the Ship Hatch Cover
Hydraulic Cylinder housing is usually scratched, or pitted. Light scratches are thin on the surface, heavy are deep scratches.
For HYDRAULIC CYLINDER DEPARTMENTS, we use the additive welding method that does not change the structure of the material, then process it on lathes and grinders to obtain uniform dimensions.
For long-term pitting and rusting, it is imperative to grind all the pits and restore the old diameter.
For pitted or scratched hydraulic cylinder cover, we have to Re-Grill the ball, depending on the size, we choose the method of plating recovery or raising the Piston parameter.
Issues Seal Seal we carry out replacement.
Repairing Hydraulic Piston Ship Hatch Cover
Hydraulic pistons are often scratched, pitted, and bumped, leading to oil leakage and pressure capacitors. These types of damage need to be thoroughly treated by Chrome Plating treatment for hydraulic pistons.
- Chemically remove the old Chrome Plating layer
- Check the size, and surface defects of the tub
- Carry out welding to repair surface defects
- Piston round grinding on a dedicated circular grinder
- Polished to 10 . gloss
- Hard chrome plating standard size kích
- Finish polishing.
- Finishing inspection of hydraulic cylinders to open and close the ship’s hatch
After finishing processing the hydraulic cylinder barrel and hydraulic piston of the press.
We carry out assembling hydraulic presses on specialized Hydraulic Cylinder Disassembly machines.
After complete assembly, the hydraulic press is connected to the hydraulic power unit and tested for pressure and load. and packing for delivery to customers.
This method saves costs, and the quality of the repaired product reaches 99% like new product.